Tri- Star Career Pathways What is Career Pathways?
It is a new individualized vocational program that is designed to develop entry level skills for employment through student centered individualized opportunities. This program is located at Tri Star.
Career Pathways recognizes the importance of meeting the preferences, interests, needs
of each student. Areas of instruction include
- workplace skills (building resumes, interviewing, networking, safety)
- soft skills (communication, problem-solving, work attitudes)
- self-advocacy training
- financial knowledge related to work (budgeting, money management)
- daily living skills related to work
- social skills
- Volunteering, Job Tours
- Referral and Linkage with OOD (Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities)
Depending on the student’s skill level and pathway, some career-based credentials may be available.
How can students enroll in Career Pathways?
- Eligibility is based on the Career Pathways Rubric (completed by teachers, staff and parents who have working knowledge of the student)
- Interview, academic, and application review with admissions team (student, parent, school district representative(s), ESC representative, Tri-Star representative)
- Enrollment will be capped in order to meet the needs of all students
For more information, contact:
Vocational Training Program Teacher