What is Career Pathways?
It is a new individualized vocational program that is designed to develop entry level skills for employment through student centered individualized opportunities. This program is located at Tri Star.
Students prepare to use their workplace skills by
participating in a mock interview.
Career Pathways recognizes the importance of meeting the preferences, interests, needs
of each student.
Depending on the student’s skill level and pathway, some career-based credentials may be available. How can students enroll in Career Pathways?
|Areas of instruction include |
- workplace skills (building resumes, interviewing, networking, safety)
- soft skills (communication, problem-solving, work attitudes)
- self-advocacy training
- financial knowledge related to work (budgeting, money management)
- daily living skills related to work
- social skills
- Volunteering, Job Tours
- Referral and Linkage with OOD (Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities)
Students in Career Pathways share
ideas with each other about how to
work well with other employees.
- Eligibility is based on the Career Pathways Rubric (completed by teachers, staff and parents who have working knowledge of the student)
- Interview, academic, and application review with admissions team (student, parent, school district representative(s), ESC representative, Tri-Star representative)
- Enrollment will be capped in order to meet the needs of all students
For more information, contact:
Special Education Coordinator