The Mercer County ESC is an authorized National Webcheck location. We offer fingerprint services available through the National Webcheck system provided by The Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation (BCII). Fingerprints for BCI only (State of Ohio), FBI only (Federal Bureau of Investigation), or combination of BCI/FBI may be done on this system.
Fingerprint Appointment Hours:
7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Call: (419) 586-6628
to schedule an appointment
* Price increase effective
Sept. 1, 20
We accept cash only.
* You will need to know and bring the following for your appointment *
- Completed BCI/FBI Registration form
- Click HERE to print off a copy
- Click HERE to view BCI Codes
- Click HERE to view FBI Codes
- You need to know what background check you are required to have completed
- Driver's License or State ID
- Social Security Number
- Address to which the background results are to be sent
- the employer and/or Licensure Office
- You will also need to know if there is a direct mail option associated with the type of employment or licensure you are obtaining
- Ex: Ohio Department of Education, Nursing Board, Ohio BMV, etc.
Teachers or other school employees that need fingerprints for licensure renewal must inform staff before prints are taken. Once the staff member is informed, a box will be checked on the system to have the results sent electronically to the Ohio Department of Education licensure department. ODE will only accept results sent by electronic format.
Results from fingerprinting will be mailed according to form completed at time.