Our Vocational Skills Center classroom serves students who need more intensive training to become competitively employed in the future. Students typically enroll in the program during their junior and senior years of high school.
The goal of this program is to provide youth with disabilities the necessary skills, information, and links to community
resources to make competitive employment a reality.
Our teachers and staff work closely with the young adults to develop goals, meet individual needs, and build the bridge to guide students from school- age programs to adulthood.
Areas of instruction for the Vocational Center include:
- Communication and problem solving in the workplace
- Healthy choice making
- Financial knowledge related to work
- Work Skills –(building resumes, interviewing, and networking)
- Knowledge of and Linking with community resources
- Job Tours and Personal Assessments
- Volunteer Job Trialing in the Community
The success of this program is directly related to our community partners!
- Community Resources Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities (OOD) –Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation
- CA Employment Services
- Mercer County Board of DD