To provide opportunities for young adults to work together to learn the necessary skills, information, and links to get and keep a job.
Career Pathways recognizes the importance of meeting the preferences, interests, needs and strengths of each student.
What is Career Pathways?
It is a new individualized vocational program that is designed to develop entry-level skills for employment through student-centered individualized opportunities.
Areas of instruction include:
- workplace skills (building resumes, interviewing, networking, safety)
- soft skills (communication, problem-solving, work attitudes)
- self-advocacy training
- financial knowledge related to work (budgeting, money management)
- daily living skills related to work
- social skills
- Volunteering, Job Tours
- Referral and Linkage with OOD (Opportunites for Ohioans with Disabilities)