The Mercer County ESC is an authorized National Webcheck location. We offer fingerprint services available through the Biometric Information Management System provided by The Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation (BCII). Fingerprints may be done on this system for BCI only (State of Ohio), FBI only (Federal Bureau of Investigation), or a combination of BCI and FBI.
|You MUST know and bring the following to your appointment:|
- Completed "Request for Background Check" form found using the link below.
- Click HERE to print off a copy of the request/registration form
- Click HERE to view BCI Codes--you must know and enter the correct code on the form
- Click HERE to view FBI Codes--you must know and enter the correct code on the form
- You will need to know which background check(s) you are required to have completed.
- Both BCI and FBI
- Click HERE to view the "Noncriminal Justice Applicant's Rights" information for those getting an FBI background check completed
- You will also need to know if there is a direct copy option associated with the type of employment or licensure you are obtaining (ODE will ONLY accept results sent in an electronic format). If no direct copy is needed, circle NONE.
- Ex: Ohio Department of Education, Nursing Board, Ohio BMV, etc.
- Name, Address, and Phone Number to which the background results are to be sent
- the employer and/or Licensure Office
- Driver's License or State ID
- Social Security Number
- If you are under the age of 18, you must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian