"Childhood is a gallery of firsts...first experiences, first friendships, first challenges, first hopes,
first dreams, first surprises, and first success."
Mercer County Educational Service Center
Early Identification Child Find
If you have concerns for your 3, 4, or 5-year-old child about their speech or any potential developmental delay, we're here to help! The next child find will be held at the Mercer County Educational Service Center on November 19, 2021. This screening is not a requirement in order to enroll in preschool but can be used to help identify any potential learning needs. The free screening will cover:
Fine Motor/Gross Motor
Please call our office at 419-586-6628 to make an appointment for September 24, 2021.
Upcoming Child Find Dates:
November 19, 2021
January 21, 2022
March 4, 2022
June 3, 2022
- Preschool Itinerant Services. These services are provided by preschool special education teachers in two different methods of service: 1) Services delivered in the home environment. 2) Services delivered to a child attending a public or private preschool.
- Center-based Services. These services are classroom programs that provide group educational experiences to children led by preschool special education teachers.
- Related Services. These services are available to children who qualify in one of the following areas: communication, hearing, vision, social-emotional/behavioral functioning, motor functioning, adaptive behavior, cognitive ability.
Mercer County Educational Service Center Quality Programming
- Encourages curiosity, initiative, persistence, and self-confidence- all attitudes which lead to life-long learning.
- Helps children develop thinking and problem-solving skills. Expand the knowledge of self, others, and the physical and social world.
- Enhances the development of the whole child, including his learning, communication, physical, and social skills.
- Enables children to see adults as respectful, nurturing, supportive, responsible, and helping resources.