Our Transition Center classroom typically serves students ages 18-22 years old that have received their high school credits and need more training and support in the areas of daily living and vocational skills.
The goal of this program is to provide youth with disabilities the opportunities in the community and classroom to build skills in the areas of communication, problem solving, and social skills that will lead to more independence in all areas of their lives.
Areas of instruction for the Transition Center include:
- Self-Advocacy and decision making
- Communication and problem solving
- Daily Living Instruction –(money, cooking, self-care)
- Work Skills –awareness of work expectations, volunteer job trialing, and instruction in “soft skills”
- Community Experiences for work, giving back, and rec./leisure
The success of this programs is directly related to our community partners:
- Community Resources Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities (OOD) –Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation
- CA Employment Services 419-586-7059
- Mercer County Board of DD
For more information, contact:
Transition Teacher email@example.com