Through presenter demonstrations, video examples and role-play, you will learn the six phases of PECS, including how to teach spontaneous requests, attributes for expanding language, responding to questions and commenting.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Identify key components to designing an enriched learning environment using the Pyramid Approach to Education.
- Identify strategies for creating opportunities for communication across the day
- Implement the six phases of the PECS protocol
- Discuss the evidence about PECS and its relationship to speech
- Examine the criteria for transitioning from PECS to other communication modalities such as speech and SGDs
For more information and to register, click HERE